PTIHE seeks submissions in line with the general purpose and mission of the journal to extend conversations on the importance of philosophy, critical social theory, and the philosophical method in the study of higher education.
Preparation for Submission
Technical and Stylistic Requirements: For the editorial process to begin, all submissions must meet the following requirements:
1. Typed copy: Submit typed, double-spaced copy with numbered pages, using one inch margins on all sides.
2. Article Length: Articles generally should not exceed 7,500 words, including charts and tables (built in MS Word or Pages), references, and footnotes. The inclusion of charts, tables, and images should be avoided unless they substantively add to the content or clarity.
3. Title Page: On the title page, indicate the following--title of paper; full name(s) of author(s), author titles and institutional affiliations, postal addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses; brief acknowledgement of the contribution of colleagues or students, if warranted; and date of submission. Please indicate the main corresponding author we can be in touch with about your submission.
4. Abstract: In 150 words or fewer, summarize the purpose, approach, and conclusions of the paper in an abstract immediately following the title page. Include the full title of the paper on this page, but no authors.
5. Text: Repeat a shortened version of the title of the manuscript (a running header) at the top of each page of your submission text. The submission should be prepared for blind-review. The name of the author(s) must not appear on any page and authors should blind all self-references.
6. Stylistic Requirements: Manuscripts submitted to PTIHE must be grammatically correct and stylistically consistent. PTIHE uses the Chicago Manual of Style, sixteenth edition, specifically Chicago Notes and Bibliography system: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html. Consult this publication for rules governing references and citations as well as other elements of grammar and style.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions or previously published articles (in any form). A submission may, however, have been presented at a meeting or conference. In such cases, the author should state such in a footnote at the beginning of the paper. By submitting your manuscript, you are confirming that it is not currently under consideration with another publishing outlet and that it has not been published before.
Submission Process: When manuscript is ready for submission, upload one copy to the appropriate category in PTIHE's Submittable at pthe.submittable.com.
Editorial Procedure: PTIHE editorial staff initially reviews all manuscript submissions for compliance with editorial policy. If the manuscript fails to fall within the scope and stylistic guidelines of the journal, it is returned to the authors. If a manuscript is in accord with the scope of the journal and meets submission guidelines, all references to the author name and institution are removed from the manuscript, and it is submitted for blind reviews to two PTIHE Editorial Board Members. In compliance with advice of Board Members, the editors make one of four decisions: accept; conditional accept, contingent upon revisions; revise and resubmit; or reject. In the case of conditional acceptance, the editors will specify necessary revisions in writing to the author. When revisions are completed and the editors accept a manuscript, the editors will then notify and inform the author(s) about the next steps in the publication process.